It's only allowed to use 1 fishing-rod per person. 1 spare fishing-rod per peson in the boat is allowed.
The halibut must be properly hooked (through the mouth)
All halibuts must be released back into the sea for the catch to be approved.
Fishing with live bait is prohibited, and doing so will cause disqualification. Use lures/pilk with max. 4 hooks. (4 hook tips).
Only 1 person is allowed to hook and wheel in the catch. The rod cannot be turned over to someone else.
The halibut must be photographed next to the contest's official ruler. Starting number must be visible in image. (measure from mouth to tail). The length of the halibut must be clear in the photo to be approved. Remember that it is the person catching the fish that’s responsible for convincing the competitions judges that the length is correct.
All halibut over 150 cm must be measured outside the boat, if the halibut has not been properly hooked and there's risk of injury. Documentation on hook placement required for approval.
The minimum approved halibut size is 82 cm.
Use of down rig is prohibited.
10. Immediately after catch-and-release, picture and info on who caught the fish must be sent to the festival management via MMS.
11. The deadline for reporting a catch must be done by the end of the day. Starting chip and camera must be handed in no later than one hour after the day ends (time set in program).
12. Any complaints have to be given within one hour after the results are published. The festival managements decisions on complaints are final.
13. The 15 best teams from Friday with the 3 longest halibut (total cm) will compete in World Championship Halibut Fishing 2022, to qualify the team must have caught at least 1 halibut. The remaining teams compete in Halibut Fest 2022.
14. All teams take with them the longest halibut from Friday to Saturday.
15. All teams should have at least 2 cell-phones on board at all times, so that the management can report on weather changes and other important information.
16. The teams that venture out to Kamøya during the competition will have 1 hour less fishing time. This is to prevent dangerous situations when returning to Havøysund.
17. If the weather is to bad to go out on one of the competition days this will be removed from the competition. If both days are cancelled it will be a draw of the prizes between all competitors. Changes in the program will be given at the captains meeting on Friday / Saturday.
We wish all the participants good luck, and we hope to see you at
the World Championship in Halibut Fishing 2022!